What's new
Koky's Deathmatch

Register for a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[GUIDE] Connection Shortcut

Melly

Shooter

Connection Shortcut
Guide by Melly​

Hello,

Welcome to a guide on connecting to Koky's Deathmatch through a desktop shortcut.

Seeing as most people are used to opening up the San Andreas Multiplayer client, selecting their server of choice and connecting through this long process, I thought that I would make a guide explaining a much simpler way to connect.

Step 1
Head on over to the location in which you want your shortcut to be stored in. Right click an empty space, scroll down to new and add a new shortcut.

A shortcut setup wizard should pop up after doing so.

Step 2
In the location field shown in the shortcut setup wizard, enter your San Andreas Multiplayer client directory in quotation marks, followed by the server IP outside the quotation marks. Continue with the shortcut setup wizard by pressing next in the bottom right corner.

If you have installed your GTA San Andreas and San Andreas Multiplayer client to the default directories, then you can just copy and paste the following lines into the location field.

32-bit Systems
"C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\samp.exe" 176.9.143.154:7777

64-bit Systems
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\samp.exe" 176.9.143.154:7777

A shortcut name field should be shown in the shortcut setup wizard after doing so.

Step 3
In the name field shown in the shortcut setup wizard, enter a preferred name for the shortcut being created. Koky's Deathmatch would be ideal but the decision is down to you. After doing so, exit the shortcut setup wizard by pressing finish in the bottom right corner.

A shortcut should be created with the chosen name and the San Andreas Multiplayer client icon after doing so.

Step 4
Double tap the created shortcut using your left mouse button and wait to be connected to Koky's Deathmatch. You should notice the San Andreas Multiplayer client icon pop up in the taskbar, then disappear to be replaced by the GTA San Andreas icon.

It's as simple as that, so go and get those shortcuts made.

Regards,
Melly

Melly

Shooter
can we get an koky icon for this
Yes, you can change the icon in the properties of the shortcut. Just take the server's logo and save it as an ICO format with square dimensions. If you have trouble, you can always use a PNG to ICO converter online.

Blacky

Shooter
Now that I have this shortcut can I call myself a pro DMer? Haha. Cool guide, looks like something that will come in handy.

rivera

Administrator
Game Admin
Developer
this is actually very nice, the ip changed though (185.198.188.101:7777)